Don’t be a victim twice
Choose the right attorney!

  • $200,000,000
    in Recoveries
    Since 1995
  • Nearly 20,000
    Satisfied Clients
  • Cases Settled
  • Calls Returned
    Every Time

NEW YORK CITYCar Accident Lawyers


In Recoveries Since 1995

Nearly 20,000 Satisfied Clients


In Recoveries Since 1995

Cases Settled Quickly

Call Returned Every Time

Don’t be a victim twice
Choose the right attorney!

October 22, 2020

Suing When Your Child Is in a Car Accident

Click below to share this on social media:

You may do everything you can to protect your child from a New York car accident. But that may not protect them forever from the dangers of the road. Now, your child may have suffered severe injuries and trauma. That’s all because of someone’s carelessness while driving. 

Now, you may need help suing when your child has been in a car accident. Unfortunately, the at-fault party may be unwilling to admit fault, trying to protect their own finances. That’s where a car accident lawyer can step in—we can help you and your child get compensated fairly for your suffering. 

Who Can Sue for a Child? 

When your child is hurt, you and they need compensation for their losses. You may be unable to afford their care without seeking compensation for their losses. But you may be unsure whether you’re eligible to sue for their injuries. 

Luckily, you have an opportunity to act on their behalf. In New York, children can’t sue on their own, but you can act for them with a lawyer’s help. As their guardian ad litem, you can seek compensation for them with the judge’s permission. That way, your family doesn’t have to just deal with the damages until your child is old enough to sue. 

Your Time Limits for a Car Accident Lawsuit

When your child is hurt in a car accident, you may need to act now to seek compensation for them. Your time limits start after the car accident happens, so what options do you have to file their claim? 

Typically, you only have three years to file. Luckily, injured children have a little extra time to file. Since they can’t sue for themselves, children can wait until they’re eighteen to file their claim in court. Their time limit won’t start until they’re old enough to sue. 

As their parent, you may need to act earlier. That’s especially true when evidence can be lost or destroyed over time. Because of this, you and your car accident lawyer in New York City may choose to act now, not later. 

Compensation for Your Child’s Car Accident Lawsuit 

Your child’s injuries require compensation to help with recovery, but you may not know what compensation your family is due. Your child’s car accident compensation should include the costs of their financial losses, as well as the mental and emotional suffering they experienced because of the accident. Your car accident lawyer can help you calculate these losses. 

If your child was injured in a car accident, you may have grounds for compensation for the following losses caused by the accident: 

Get Help After Your Child’s Car Accident

When your child is hurt in a serious NYC car accident, they may be due compensation for their losses. But even as an adult, you may struggle to act on their behalf and take all the right steps. 

That’s where the lawyers at Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP can help. We have the tools you need to file a claim and get compensated for your child’s injuries. To work with us on your child’s claim, starting with a free consultation, call 1-800-VICTIM2 (842-8462) or complete the online contact form below. 


“Their communication with me was great and they were always quick to respond to emails and calls. I would highly recommend using Greenstein and Milbauer for motor vehicle accidents.”

- Brittany l. via google

"I put my trust in the law office of Greenstein & Milbauer and it paid off! I highly recommend using Greenstein and Milbauer for motor vehicle accidents.”

- Marlo K. via Google

"I couldn’t recommend them more highly!"

- Adam B. via Google

"They don't stop till they get it done, and they get it done!"

- Mitch L. via Google
View All

or fill out the form below for a

1 Step 1
First Nameyour full name
Last Nameyour full name
Phone Numberyour full name
Tell Us About Your Casemore details
0 /

All fields required*

powered by FormCraft