Some people hate statistics on anything. Stats can be confusing and difficult to discern sometimes, but they can give us vital information. For example, if you live and work in the Bronx, it could be extremely beneficial for you to learn some of the stats about car accidents.
Why is this helpful? Because it could help you avoid a car accident. Statistics that teach you about what driving behavior causes the most accidents could make you aware of which behavior is most likely to cause you harm. Then, you can avoid engaging in that behavior yourself and watch out for others.
For example, you probably already know that drunk driving is dangerous because of all the statistics that demonstrate just how dangerous this risky behavior truly is. Below, here are some statistics related to Bronx car accidents.
Statistics Related to Bronx Car Accidents
Here are some important car accident statistics:
- Top reasons for car accidents in the Bronx are following too closely, alcohol involvement, unsafe speed, driver inattention, unsafe lane changes, and improper turns.
- Eight people lost their lives in traffic accidents in the Bronx in 2019 and 2020.
- From Feb. 10, 2020 to Feb. 16, 2020, there were 545 traffic collisions in the Bronx compared to 667 in the same week last year. 131 people were injured that week in accidents compared to 121 the same week last year. Forty-four pedestrians were injured compared to twenty-seven in the same week last year. Three bicyclists were injured that week compared to five in the same week last year.
- In 2019, 492 people left the scene of a traffic accident citywide.
- Statistics show that most accidents occur during rush hour traffic.
- Two-vehicle crashes account for the majority of crashes.
- Human error accounts for the majority of all traffic accidents.
Use These Statistics to Avoid an Accident
It’s easy to ignore statistics and believe you will never become one of them. You’re a safe driver; you can’t possibly be hurt in a crash. Sadly, no matter how safe of a driver you are, you can be hurt due to other people’s negligent actions. Learn from these statistics and from others you come across.
They can help you to watch out for dangerous drivers or situations. The more information you have, the better you’ll be able to avoid a collision.
Connect with a Bronx Car Accident Lawyer
Car accidents are devastating events that can break your world apart in an instant. You can’t avoid every accident, even if you try to be safe at all times. If you’ve been hurt in a car accident, you do have the option of filing a car accident claim. You might need some help getting your claim started.
Reach out to a Bronx car accident attorney by calling 1-800-VICTIM2 (842-8462) or you can use the form below to reach our firm. Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP offers a free case review. Learn the benefits of winning a car accident claim.