White Plains Truck Accident Lawyer
Never let the injuries and losses caused by a commercial truck accident go uncompensated. Get all the damages you’re owed by working with a White Plains commercial truck accident attorney.
When a semi-truck or other commercial vehicle is involved in a wreck, the occupants of the other vehicles almost always suffer serious and even catastrophic injuries. The immense size and massive weight of the typical tractor-trailer effectively turns it into a wrecking ball, devastating the lives of the people affected.
If this has happened to you, you deserve compensation for what you’ve experienced. Don’t expect the trucking company or their insurer to be interested in fairly compensating you, however; their primary concern is going to be limiting their financial liability.
Get the justice you deserve by working with a White Plains truck accident lawyer from Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP. We know personal injury law, and we can help you obtain the damages you’re entitled to.
Prove What Caused the Semi-Truck Crash
Every personal injury claim begins by investigating the accident and identifying who caused it and how. Your semi-truck crash attorney will collect all of the necessary evidence and witness testimony to effectively prove why you deserve compensation and from who.
These are just a few of the potential causes that will need to be considered:
- Drunk or Drugged Driving – If the trucker was intoxicated, he or she was grossly negligent. Driving such a large vehicle is a huge responsibility, and operating it impaired is a massive dereliction.
- Drowsy Driving – Fatigued operation is a real problem within the commercial trucking industry. Trucking companies often encourage their drivers to travel long distances without stopping to rest—which can violate federal rest requirements.
- Distracted Driving – Truck drivers are just as bad as other motorists when it comes to paying attention to the road. Focusing on a cell phone or other distraction can result in a serious 18-wheeler crash.
- Hazardous Cargo – If the freight was dangerous and required special shipping considerations, the cargo owner could be responsible for failing to inform the shipper.
- Lost Loads – Cargo must be fully secured, whether that means properly closing a trailer or tying down a load. A lost load can create an obstacle course for all motorists following the big rig.
Compensation for Truck Crash Injuries
All of your injuries, damages, and losses need to be evaluated and included in your accident claim. Your White Plains truck crash lawyer will negotiate in your best interests to ensure that nothing gets “overlooked” by the trucking company or their insurer.
These are just a few of the potential damages your attorney can help you recover after a tractor-trailer wreck:
- Cost of current and future medical expenses
- Vehicle damage repair, or even complete replacement
- Lost wages, salary, and earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Lost enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
Help from a White Plains 18-Wheeler Accident Attorney
When you need to ensure that an insurance or trucking company isn’t going to make you a victim a second time, you need Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP on your side. We have the experience and in-depth legal knowledge you need for a successful claim.
To get started with your case, arrange a free consultation with a White Plains truck accident lawyer by calling 1-800-VICTIM2 (842-8462) or by completing the contact form below.