Westchester Train Accident Lawyer
Holding the negligent party responsible for a train wreck might not be simple, but a Westchester train accident lawyer can help you recover every penny in compensation you are owed.
Anyone who has been involved in a train accident knows what a horrifying experience it can be. While the emotional trauma is bad enough, catastrophic injuries in these situations are all too common.
Whether you were injured by a slip-and-fall at the station or by a derailed train, your injuries may have impacted your life in many ways. Lost income from missing work and the ongoing costs of your medical treatment can be stressful for you and your family.
These accidents are often caused by someone who was negligent in causing the crash. This means that you might have the option to seek financial compensation for your losses from the at-fault party.
To help you move on from the accident and get back to your life, turn to a Westchester train accident lawyer from Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP. We can help you recover the full cost of the damages you are entitled to.
Investigating the Train Wreck or Station Accident
Injuries suffered on trains can happen for many different reasons. Whether the train crashed due to mechanical failure or the poor decisions made by the train’s conductor, we can help you determine who was at fault and prove it.
For example, the train’s operator can make many mistakes that cause an accident, such as any of the following:
- Distracted Operation – Cell phone use or texting can cause the train operator to make mistakes.
- Fatigued Operation – Dozing off while operating a train is not uncommon but always dangerous.
- Intoxication – Whether alcohol or drugs were involved, this is an example of gross negligence.
Additionally, train accidents can be caused by external third parties:
- Broken or obstructed tracks can cause the train to derail, tip over, or collide with other trains.
- Malfunctioning warning lights, signals, and gates can cause drivers of motor vehicles to cross railroad tracks into the path of a train.
- Improper train maintenance can lead to a poorly functioning train.
- Defective train parts can cause the train to malfunction.
- Miscommunication between train engineers can lead to head-on train collisions and other problems.
Liability in a Westchester Train Accident
Identifying the negligent parties can be a difficult process. Because many separate entities are involved in running a train of any sort, more than one party may have contributed to the accident.
Those who may be at fault for your injuries can include any of the following parties:
- Transit operator
- Train engineer
- Train station operator and supervisor
- Maintenance company responsible for maintaining the trains
- Manufacturer of the train or defective part
Contact a Westchester Train Wreck Attorney
Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP is dedicated to helping you recover maximum compensation for your injuries. This is always difficult in the wake of a train wreck, but our experience and in-depth knowledge of personal injury law will give you an advantage in successfully resolving your claim.
To discuss your case in detail with a Westchester train accident lawyer during a free, no-pressure case evaluation, contact us online through the form below or call 1-800-VICTIM2 (842-8462).