Westchester Personal Injury Lawyer
When an injury happens thanks to someone else’s negligence, you deserve financial compensation to pay for your expenses and losses. Find out what your case could be worth by consulting with a Westchester personal injury lawyer.
Suffering an injury, losing time from work, and dealing with the financial consequences of an accident can all be overwhelming things to deal with individually—let alone all at the same time. Fortunately, if the accident you were hurt in was someone else’s fault, you have the right to sue them for financial damages with the help of a Westchester personal injury lawyer from Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP.
Traffic Accidents Are the Primary Cause of Serious Injuries
While personal injury scenarios take a number of different forms, motor vehicle crashes involving passenger cars, motorcycles, and semi-trucks are easily the most frequently seen. In addition to physical harm, these accidents often inflict substantial property damage and emotional distress upon victims, as well.
While the other driver is the most obvious party to have been at fault for your car crash, it’s also possible that a number of other entities also have played a role. This could include a car manufacturer, a government entity, a road work crew, and even a pedestrian or bicyclist.
Your Westchester personal injury lawyer will investigate your crash and help you determine precisely who was at fault and how much compensation they owe you.
Other Types of Personal Injury Accidents
Other accident types can also qualify to file a personal injury lawsuit as well. To sue, someone else must be responsible for what happened, thereby giving you grounds for a case. Even if you were partially responsible, as long as the other party was more at fault than you were, you can still sue them for damages.
This could allow you to seek compensation after experiencing an injury in any of the following scenarios:
- Construction accident
- Product malfunction or explosion
- Medical malpractice
- Dog attack
- And more
Personal Injury Types
The type of injury you suffer will directly influence how much compensation you receive because it will determine your recovery time, the cost of your treatment, and any other financial and non-economic losses you might suffer.
Your Westchester personal injury lawyer will have experience litigating claims for a large number of different injury types:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries – Concussions and any other type of head trauma can lead to emotional, physical, and mental hardships alike. These injuries can have lifelong effects, making it important to receive a settlement large enough to pay for ongoing care.
- Burns – Defective products, car accidents, and more can lead to terrible burns that require emergency medical care and reconstructive surgery.
- Bone Breaks and Fractures – Ranging from hairline fractures to crushed bones that require surgery, the recovery time after breaking a bone can be long and painful.
- Back and Neck Injuries – Whiplash is one of the most common neck injuries, but a spine injury can also take the form of a ruptured disc or even a severed spinal cord, possibly leading to paralysis.
Valuing Your Catastrophic Injury Claim
It is critical that you not settle too quickly and inadvertently short yourself by accepting a settlement offer that’s far less than what your recovery will require. Many accident victims seek compensation for medical bills only, without factoring in other financial and non-economic losses:
- Medications and medical devices
- Lost wages, income, and future earning capacity
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation services
- Transportation costs for medical appointments
- Pain and suffering
- Damage done to your marriage and personal relationships
- And more
Negotiating an Injury Settlement
Just because you hire a Westchester personal injury lawyer, it does not necessarily mean that you have to go to court. The majority of cases actually settle out of court, and as long as the insurance company or at-fault party is willing to negotiate and make a fair offer, yours can, too.
It’s important to keep in mind that sometimes filing a lawsuit and setting a court date is exactly the motivation the other side needs to produce an offer that will meet your needs. However, if court does become your best option for receiving fair compensation, we’ll advise and represent you throughout the process, so you’ll be fully prepared for what’s ahead.
Get Help from a Westchester Personal Injury Attorney
Insurance companies and opposing attorneys won’t be on your side, and they’ll pay you as little as possible if they get the chance. Don’t let them or the legal system make you into a victim a second time. Instead, contact Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP and speak with a Westchester personal injury lawyer during a free, no-pressure consultation. Simply call 1-800-VICTIM2 (842-8462) or complete the contact form on this page.