Westchester Bus Accident Lawyer
The damages and injuries suffered in a bus crash are difficult to get fully compensated for. Get the most from your claim by working with a Westchester bus accident lawyer.
A bus accident can be a terrifying and traumatic experience. The injuries that result are typically serious and debilitating—sometimes fatal. Your injuries can cause major life changes for you and your family physically, emotionally, and financially.
Whether your injuries are temporary or permanent, you can file a personal injury claim to recover damages for the losses you’ve endured. Bus accidents are often caused by negligence, and affording the care necessary to make a full recovery often requires holding the responsible party financially accountable.
To help you recover the compensation you deserve, a Westchester bus accident lawyer from Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP will fight to protect your rights under the law.
What Caused Your Bus Crash?
Bus accidents are not as uncommon as you might think. In fact, there are about 67,000 bus crashes in the United States every year.
While negligence is present in most of these accidents, it can take many different forms. Your bus accident lawyer will need to fully investigate what happened so that you can name all of the responsible parties in your claim.
New York observes comparative negligence, so each party is only responsible for his or her share of the damages. It will be necessary to identify every cause that contributed to the wreck:
- Distracted driving
- Failure to properly train the bus driver
- Defective parts causing mechanical problems
- Lack of bus maintenance
- Drowsy driving
Who Was Responsible?
Due to the multitude of entities that are responsible for the maintenance and daily operation of a bus, one or more parties may be responsible for the crash. For example, the driver may have caused the accident due to distracted driving, but the bus company may also be liable if they did not properly train the driver.
To ensure that we include all liable parties in your demand for compensation, your Westchester bus accident lawyer will investigate the crash to verify fault and include all guilty parties in your claim.
Possible entities that could have contributed to the accident can include any of the following:
- Bus Driver – The driver can be liable for many reasons, such as intoxication, drowsy driving, and distracted driving.
- Bus Company – If the bus company failed to train or certify the driver or failed to maintain the bus properly, liability might lie with them.
- Bus Manufacturer – If there are any issues with the design of the bus that caused the accident, the manufacturer could be responsible for their poor testing.
- Parts Manufacturer – If a defective part caused the accident, the part manufacturer could be liable.
- Maintenance Company – A company failing to keep the bus mechanically safe can be found negligent.
Contact a Westchester Bus Crash Attorney
The knowledgeable lawyers at Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP understand the difficulty you have experienced because of your bus accident. We have successfully represented crash victims just like you and recovered full compensation for their losses.
Contact our office to set up a free, no-obligation consultation with a Westchester bus accident lawyer to discuss how we can help you resolve your case. Just call 1-800-VICTIM2 (842-8462) or fill out our online form at the bottom of the page.