NYC Public Transportation Accident Lawyer
Whether you were hurt in an accident involving a bus, taxi, or even a ferry, you deserve compensation for your injuries. Find out how to handle your claim by working with an NYC public transportation accident lawyer.
Public transportation in New York City is the most popular way to get around. Buses, trains, subways, and taxis transport thousands of people to designations each day. With the additions of Uber, Lyft, and other rideshare companies, there are now more ways to get around than ever before.
If you live and work in New York City, you most likely use public transportation regularly and are confident that you will get to your destination safely and on time. Although convenient, the tradeoff of public transportation is putting your safety into the hands of others.
If you or a loved one has been harmed in a crash, it’s important to get the advice of an NYC public transportation accident lawyer from Greenstein & Milbauer to help you through the legal process and collect damages on your behalf.
Public Transit Has an Obligation to Keep Passengers Safe
Thousands of people are injured every year in New York City. It only takes one public transit accident to affect many families. In particular, tens and hundreds of people can be hurt when a train or bus crashes. These injuries are often serious or fatal, leaving many with questions of how the crash happened, why it occurred, and who was to blame.
Because a great deal of financial liability is at stake, operators of public transportation are obligated to make sure passengers are safely transported to their destinations.
Reasons that an accident involving public transportation might occur include all of the following:
- The driver was not properly trained
- Drowsy driving
- Distracted driving through using a cell phone or other distractions
- Failing to stop or yield or otherwise obey traffic lights and signs
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
Who Is at Fault in Public Transit Crashes
When an accident injures passengers, pedestrians, or occupants of other vehicles, one or more parties might be held responsible for the damages. Determining who is at fault is complex and requires the investigative skills of a knowledgeable NYC public transportation accident lawyer who will thoroughly examine all of the available evidence.
Depending on the circumstances of your wreck, any of the following entities might be liable for what happened:
- If the operator of a taxi, Uber, or Lyft crashed due to lack of maintenance on the vehicle, then the driver, the taxi or rideshare company, or a maintenance company might be responsible.
- If your injuries were caused by a mechanical failure or defective part, the maker of the vehicle or the parts manufacturer might be liable, as well as the owner of the company or vehicle.
- If the driver did not know how to properly operate the vehicle, then the employer might be guilty of negligent hiring.
- If you were injured due to a sudden or abrupt stop, the operator and the owner might be responsible.
Contact an NYC Public Transit Lawyer
When you or a family member has been injured in a public transportation accident, the lawyers of Greenstein & Milbauer will take the steps necessary to recover the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
To schedule a free consultation, call 1-800-VICTIM2 (842-8462) or contact us online through the form below. There is no obligation to proceed, and we only collect a fee when we recover compensation for you.