NYC Auto Injury Lawyer
Car crash injuries are some of the most common and most severe types of injuries. If you’ve been the victim of an accident that wasn’t your fault, partner with an NYC auto injury attorney.
Injuries of any kind can be costly and painful, and those caused by motor vehicle accidents can be some of the most severe. Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), spinal fractures, and severe burns are just a few types that can cost a family hundreds of thousands of dollars and a lifetime of pain.
If you’ve been in a car accident, contact an NYC auto injury lawyer from Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP so we can construct a claim that will help keep your family financially stable.
NYC Auto Accident Types
Whether you were in a fender-bender or a high-speed collision, your injuries will determine your costs and, ultimately, the value of your case. There is a wide variety of accident types, including the following:
- Head-on collisions
- T-bone crashes and other side impacts
- Rear-end collisions
- Crashes caused by motorcyclists
- Accidents involving pedestrians or bicyclists
- Single-vehicle accidents
What Causes Crashes
The above accident types could all be caused by just about anything, from a part malfunction to a drunk driver. The cause of an accident will often help lead investigators to the at-fault party or parties, which is paramount in an auto injury case.
Some common culprits include the following:
- Other vehicle drivers, including those who are distracted, drunk, or drowsy
- Road conditions due to construction, inadequate maintenance, or improper markings and signage
- Manufacturing defects like brake failures or stuck gas pedals due to a problem when making the part
- Design defects that would affect the entire line of that part and product
In many cases, more than one party can be responsible for an NYC auto accident. Naming all the potentially responsible parties in your claim will help maximize your compensation
Injuries and Their Consequences
No matter how small an accident may seem, you should always report it so any injuries that show up later can be linked directly to that event. Each injured area of the body will have specific consequences you’ll have to deal with.
The following are some common NYC auto accident injuries and the consequences that often follow:
- Damage to your head can result in TBIs, blood clots, memory problems, and sensory damage (vision, hearing, and smelling).
- Neck and back trauma can include spinal damage that can cause paralysis, permanent nerve damage and pain, and loss of fine motor control.
- Internal injuries can lead to organ damage or failure, blood clots, and internal bleeding.
- Crushed and badly broken bones can lead to amputated limbs, which can profoundly alter your life.
- Severe burns are some of the most painful injuries and often involve multiple surgeries.
The right NYC auto accident lawyer will work closely with your doctors and specialists to determine the true extent of your injuries.
To maximize the value of your NYC auto injury claim, we will need to assess every conceivable way in which your injuries could affect your life. Your damages will not end when you come home from the hospital or when you finish your physical therapy. These changes to your life may last for years and affect how you do everything.
In general, you can pursue compensation for the following after an auto accident that wasn’t your fault:
- Medical expenses
- Income loss
- Disability accommodations to your home, car, and workplace
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced quality of life
- Property damage
Contact an NYC Auto Injury Attorney
You deserve to be compensated for your losses, and an NYC auto injury lawyer from Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP can ensure you get the best outcome possible. Call us at 1-800-VICTIM2 (842-8462) or fill out the form below to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation.