Brooklyn Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
There’s no doubt that the aftermath of a motorcycle accident is brutal, but you can ease your financial pain with the assistance of a Brooklyn motorcycle crash lawyer.
All traffic accidents are dangerous, but when you are riding a motorcycle, they can have even worse outcomes. Even when you are not at fault, the insurance companies and lawyers for the people who were at fault will likely try to pin you down as the stereotypical “reckless biker.”
These stereotypes can cause many problems in your fight for fair compensation, but with the support of a Brooklyn motorcycle accident lawyer from Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP, you can rest assured that you have a qualified and dedicated legal representative handling your claim.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Brooklyn
The causes of motorcycle accidents are sometimes the same as those for regular traffic crashes. They may be due to road conditions, other drivers, or even mechanical failure.
But many other accident factors can be related directly to motorcycles. For example, those driving cars often have trouble noticing motorcycles, even when you are not in their blind spot. This commonly causes Brooklyn motorcycle accidents as the car driver changes lanes.
Many motorcycle accidents may be attributed to one or more of these causes:
- Road conditions like construction areas without proper warnings, potholes, poor shoulders, or uneven lanes.
- Other drivers may be distracted, drowsy, or drunk.
- Mechanical problems could include brake failure, a tire blowout, or a stuck gas pedal.
- Other drivers, such as semi-truck drivers, may simply not see you when changing lanes or turning, despite the many efforts to warn drivers to look out for motorcycles.
We will interview witnesses and specialists to determine why your Brooklyn motorcycle accident occurred. That means sifting through every detail, including the scene of the accident, the vehicles involved, and their maintenance and manufacturing histories. We will also conduct background checks on the other drivers to see whether they have a history of drug or alcohol abuse.
Proving Fault in a Motorcycle Accident
Determining the cause of your Brooklyn motorcycle accident is extremely necessary in determining who was at fault, which is essential in a successful personal injury claim.
It may have solely been the actions of the car driver, which would make him or her completely liable, but if mechanical or road conditions were involved, then we may need to count the manufacturer of the part or the construction company as liable, too.
The more individuals or businesses named in your claim, the larger your compensation award should be.
The Many Injuries a Motorcycle Accident Can Cause
The injuries sustained in a car crash can be terrible, but when you are riding a motorcycle, your accident will likely be much worse. This is due to the limited protection you have in comparison to someone driving a car or other enclosed vehicle.
Some of the more common injuries for those involved in motorcycle accidents include the following:
- Head injuries can have severe impacts on your life, possibly including traumatic brain injury, disfigurement, and damage to sensory organs like your eyes, nose, and ears.
- Neck and back injuries have the most potential to be life-changing because they can lead to paralysis and chronic nerve pain, tingling, or numbness in various parts of your body.
- Internal injuries can include organ damage and internal bleeding, both of which are life-threatening if not treated, and they are not always immediately apparent.
- Broken bones can sometimes require amputation or long-term physical rehabilitation.
- Severe and large-area burns are often the most painful injuries you can experience and could require several operations involving skin grafts and intense physical therapy.
Compensation You Could Receive
Our goal is to get you the most compensation possible based on your injuries, costs, and losses due to your Brooklyn motorcycle accident. We will work closely with all your doctors and consult with other experts to estimate how much everything will cost, even into retirement age.
You may be able to recover compensation for the following motorcycle accident damages:
- Current and future medical costs, including medications, operations, rehabilitation, and any necessary medical equipment for your home
- Income loss due to your accident and recovery, as well as for any degradation in your ability to work the same job, the same shift, or the same total hours
- Accommodations to your vehicle, home, and workplace due to any new or exacerbated disabilities
- Pain and suffering from the accident and recovery
- Emotional distress from the aftermath of the accident and recovery, possibly due to your diminished ability to enjoy life and your family relationships
- Loss of consortium and companionship for damage to your personal relationships due to changes in your personality or inability to communicate with loved ones
- Property damage to items like your motorcycle, cell phone, and other equipment
- Wrongful death
Dealing with the Other Side
One tactic defense attorneys and insurance adjusters often use is redirecting the blame to you, the victim. They may claim you were inattentive or use the old standby stereotype of a reckless biker to throw doubt on the evidence and your version of events.
They will also twist anything you say to anyone, whether in an official statement or in passing, against you in an attempt to push even more blame onto your shoulders.
They do this because New York is a pure comparative negligence state. This means that, if you are partially responsible, you can still sue for compensation, but on the other hand, that compensation will be reduced by the same percentage as the amount of fault you are deemed to hold.
For example, if you were awarded $1 million but were found to be 20 percent at fault, then you would only receive $800,000.
Meet with a Brooklyn Motorcycle Accident Attorney
If you were hurt in an accident while riding a motorcycle, you deserve to be compensated completely for your costs, losses, and suffering. If you choose to work with an attorney at Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP, we will work tirelessly to build you a bulletproof claim for compensation.
Contact us as soon as you can by providing the requested information in the contact form below or calling us at 1-800-VICTIM2 (842-8462) to schedule your free consultation with a Brooklyn motorcycle accident lawyer.