Bronx Subway Accident Lawyer
While rare, subway crashes can easily result in catastrophic injuries and massive property damage. Get fully compensated for your losses by working with a Bronx subway accident lawyer.
For many, the subway is a convenient and safe means of city travel. However, like any other mode of transportation, accidents do happen. Being caught in the unfortunate event of a subway accident can leave you with devastating injuries. Whether you suffered a head, neck, or back injury—or anything else—you can pursue damages.
In order to receive a large settlement, it’s important to know why the accident happened and who was negligent in causing it. Navigating the legal process for a subway crash may be difficult, as many elements are taken into consideration to build an airtight case.
Fortunately, a Bronx subway accident lawyer from Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP can help you fight to recover fair and full compensation for your injuries.
The Causes of Subway Accidents
You can get injured in a subway accident in many different ways. Not only can you get injured while riding on the subway train, you can also be injured in the subway station, on the platform, or as you are entering or exiting the subway car.
Your accident could have been caused for various reasons. One of the first steps in filing a personal injury claim is to determine why the accident happened and who is responsible for causing it.
Your Bronx subway accident lawyer will consider all of the following potential causes when investigating for fault:
- Conductor error
- Malfunctioning subway doors
- Turnstile injuries
- Slips, trips, and falls
- Improper maintenance
Who Is Liable for My Subway Accident?
The subway system in the New York City area is monitored and operated by the Metropolitan Transportation Authority. When your injuries are attributed to a subway crash or other accident at the subway station, the MTA might be responsible.
If it’s determined that your accident was caused by another party, you may be able to file a claim against them, which may include any of the following entities:
- Driver of the Subway Train – A subway driver may have been negligent through driver error, such as drowsy driving, driving under the influence of alcohol, or texting and cell phone use.
- Third Party Maintenance Company – A maintenance company may have failed to properly fix broken parts or tracks or failed to properly maintain the subway.
- Subway Car or Part Manufacturer – If a defective or malfunctioning part caused the accident, the parts manufacturer or distributor may be negligent.
Damages That Can Be Recovered
To ensure you get all the damages you are entitled to, we will assess your injuries and examine how your life has been affected from the time of the accident and into the future. It’s important not to leave any of your losses out so that you can receive a full payout.
Common damages may include any of the following expenses and non-economic losses:
- Lost wages and future income
- Current and future medical expenses
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Medical equipment and supplies
- Pain and suffering and emotional distress
- Wrongful death
Contact a Bronx Subway Train Accident Lawyer
To learn how a Bronx subway accident lawyer from Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP will help you recover maximum compensation for your injuries, fill out our online form below or call 1-800-VICTIM2 (842-8462) for a free, no-obligation case evaluation to discuss your case.