Don’t be a victim twiceChoose the right attorney!
$200,000,000 in Recoveries Since 1995
Nearly 20,000Satisfied Clients
- Brittany L. via
Cases Settled Quickly
Calls ReturnedEvery Time
NEW YORK CITYCar Accident Lawyers
In Recoveries Since 1995
Nearly 20,000 Satisfied Clients
In Recoveries Since 1995
Cases Settled Quickly
Call Returned Every Time
Don’t be a victim twice
Choose the right attorney!
Bronx Personal Injury Lawyer
The Bronx is one of the most populated areas in New York City. The constant construction of new buildings, sporting arenas, and commercial shopping areas is providing an ever-evolving facelift for the north-most borough in New York City.
Because of this constant growth, one of the downfalls of living in the Bronx is the increased risk of accidents and injuries that come with it. Walking home, to work, or to the subway can mean a lot of ducking and dodging. It can also mean slipping, falling, or getting hit by debris—or just getting into accidents while driving to and from appointments.
Because of this, you may need to see a Bronx personal injury lawyer from Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP to help you determine whether someone else was to blame for your accident.
Types of Personal Injury Cases in the Bronx
There are some personal injuries that are especially common in crowded metro areas such as the Bronx. Although these accidents can happen anywhere, there are more people living and working in the NYC area, which can lead to a higher accident rate.
Some of the most common types of personal injury cases we see include the following:
- Construction accidents – Because of the amount of construction that takes place in the Bronx, accidents involving scaffolding, cranes, falling debris, and other problems involving unsecured construction sites are sadly common.
- Premises liability – If you are injured while on property owned by someone else, he or she could be held responsible for your accident. Premises liability can include slippery walkways, broken steps, and obstructed views.
- Car accidents – Car accidents happen for a number of reasons, most often because another person fails to pay attention while driving or is driving carelessly somehow. If another driver was responsible for your accident, make certain to speak with a Bronx personal injury lawyer.
- Dog bites – The Bronx is the perfect area for people to be out walking dogs or letting them run around their yards. However, when dogs bite innocent people, the owners should be held accountable for their pet’s actions.
- Defective products – When manufacturers put dangerous products in the hands of consumers, they owe it to their customers to compensate them for the injuries and damages that result.
Bronx Personal Injury Examples
All of the accident types described above can result in injuries ranging from whiplash and concussion to severe spine and brain injuries. These issues often call for both immediate and follow-up medical attention, which could mean having ongoing additional medical needs for the rest of your life.
If you wind up in the hospital and in need of medical treatment because of your accident, you will need an experienced Bronx personal injury lawyer to help you determine the extent of your damages. We can help you make certain that the right person is held accountable for your accident.
What Types of Damages Can Be Compensated?
It’s natural to wonder what types of damages can be compensated after you are injured. This depends on the type of accident, the injuries you sustained, and a number of other details that are specific to your case.
A Bronx personal injury lawyer from our firm can examine all of these details and give you an idea of what damages you can expect to receive compensation for. In most cases, the types of damages include the following examples:
- Time missed at work due to your injury
- Medical bills, both current and future
- Emotional therapy services
- Physical rehabilitation
- Property damage repair or replacement
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
An experienced Bronx personal injury lawyer can ensure that you are compensated for any damages related to your accident, even if they are future expenses. If important details are overlooked, you risk the possibility of paying for expenses out of pocket.
How to Prove Your Bronx Personal Injury Case
In order to win the compensation described above, you need to prove fault for your accident. Depending on the type of accident you were injured in, proving fault can be difficult. If you were injured in a vehicle collision, for instance, how do you prove what caused it? You would have to investigate the collision to find the cause and gather evidence to prove it.
Investigating an accident is not easy. You need to have an idea as to what types of evidence are best for proving fault. For example, witness statements can be crucial for proving an accident case. They can give an eyewitness account of what they saw, which can help prove fault for the accident.
Other types of evidence your Bronx injury lawyer can use to prove your case:
- Photo evidence
- Video evidence
- Police or accident reports
- Accident scene expert testimony
- Medical evidence
- Your own account of what happened
- Physical evidence
Does Your Injury Play a Role in the Amount of Compensation You Can Receive?
Yes, your injury does have a part to play in your Bronx personal injury settlement. Minor injuries will likely not cause as many damages as serious injuries.
For example, if you broke your wrist in a slip-and-fall accident, you would likely receive less compensation than someone who sustained a spinal cord injury in a similar incident. The person with the spinal injury will need more money to account for the more serious nature of their injuries.
How Can a Bronx Personal Injury Lawyer Help You?
You’ve been injured in an accident in the Bronx, and you’re thinking about getting help from a personal injury lawyer. Before you call one, you want to know what exactly they will do for you. You want to know what you’re paying for. Here are some of the many tasks your lawyer will perform on your behalf.
- First, they can analyze the circumstances of your accident to ensure you have a case, and they can give you an idea of what your case is worth.
- Next, they can provide you with legal advice so you can take the right steps after being injured in an accident.
- Your lawyer will then help you investigate your accident to figure out who caused it. They will also help you gather evidence to prove your case.
- Then, they can assist you in adding up all of your damages so you can figure out what kind of compensation you’re entitled to. They will help you add up your monetary losses including future losses. They will help you assign a monetary value to your non-monetary losses, such as pain, scarring, lost life enjoyment, and mental suffering.
- Your lawyer will help you put your case together. Claims can include a lot of paperwork that can be overwhelming for most people.
- Next, your lawyer can submit your claim to the appropriate insurance company. They will then handle insurance negotiations on your behalf with an effort of getting you maximum compensation for an accident you didn’t cause.
- Finally, your lawyer will work to secure you a settlement from the insurance company or they can take your claim to court.
Why You Need an Experienced Bronx Personal Injury Lawyer
The attorneys of Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP have the experience necessary for getting injury victims the justice they deserve. Don’t risk your health and well-being by attempting to navigate a personal injury case alone or by putting your case in the wrong person’s hands.
Our firm also covers bicycle, bus, pedestrian, subway, taxi, and train accidents.
If you or someone you love has been injured in the Bronx and you believe that someone else was responsible, you could be entitled to financial compensation. For a free consultation, fill out the form at the bottom of this page or call us at 1-800-VICTIM2 (842-8462) as soon as possible.