Yonkers Personal Injury Lawyer
A Yonkers injury lawyer can help you fight back against the person who injured you.
Being involved in an accident that’s someone else’s fault is frustrating. But these situations are made even worse when you suffer a serious injury.
When this happens, our team at Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP wants you to know you have the right to file a claim. And with the help of a Yonkers personal injury lawyer, you’ll stand a solid chance of recovering the compensation you deserve from the liable party.
Injury Claim Types in Yonkers
To start building your case, your injury attorney in Yonkers will first need to determine what type a personal injury you have suffered. Many common accidents take place under this umbrella of the law, and determining where yours falls on that spectrum will help ensure you have the strongest case possible.
Some examples of personal injury case types include the following:
- Nursing Home Abuse – Elderly loved ones deserve the utmost care and respect, especially in nursing homes. Examples of this type of personal injury may include physical, emotional, financial, or sexual abuse.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents – Car crashes are some of the most common types of accidents associated with personal injury law. They can be brought about by driver error, poor weather conditions, malfunctioning vehicle parts, and bad roads. This category also includes truck accidents and motorcycle wrecks.
- Medical Malpractice – Whenever you place yourself under the care of a medical professional, he or she assumes responsibility for maintaining your safety. Failing to do this could make the doctor liable for any damages, injuries, or illnesses you suffer as a result. This may include surgical errors, administering the wrong drugs, or failing to diagnose an illness.
- Premises Liability – Dog bites, fires, slip-and-fall accidents, and electrocutions all fall under the category of premises liability cases. In these situations, property owners can be held liable for failing to maintain a standard of safety on their grounds.
- Workplace Accidents – Even employees who work in inherently dangerous fields, such as construction workers, have the right to expect a standard of care. When they are not provided this, they can pursue compensation for any injuries they sustain as a result.
- Product Liability – Whenever you purchase a good or product, you do so with the understanding that you will not be harmed while using it. Manufacturers can be held responsible for any injuries or illnesses caused by their goods.
Damages You Can Recover
Once the cause of your injuries has been determined, your personal injury attorney in Yonkers will begin assigning a value to your various damages in order to promote your recovery. These may include property damage costs, medical care coverage, loss of earning potential, wrongful death benefits, reimbursement for wages lost while you were recovering, and pain and suffering.
Contact a Yonkers Personal Injury Attorney
If you suffered a serious injury and are interested in filing a claim against the liable party, our team at Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP is here to help. Talk to a qualified attorney at our office now to find out how we will get you the compensation you deserve.
You can reach a Yonkers personal injury lawyer by phone at 1-800-VICTIM2 (842-8462), or you can fill out the online contact form at the bottom of the page.