Don’t be a victim twice
Choose the right attorney!

  • $200,000,000
    in Recoveries
    Since 1995
  • Nearly 20,000
    Satisfied Clients
  • Cases Settled
    Quickly
  • Calls Returned
    Every Time

NEW YORK CITYCar Accident Lawyers

$200,000,000

In Recoveries Since 1995

Nearly 20,000 Satisfied Clients

$200,000,000

In Recoveries Since 1995

Cases Settled Quickly

Call Returned Every Time

Don’t be a victim twice
Choose the right attorney!

October 22, 2020

Queens Car Accident FAQ

Driving in Queens can be busy and hectic. Unfortunately, all the traffic, pedestrians, and other factors means the chances of a car accident are likely. Now, you need answers and help for your injuries.

Unfortunately, it’s not always easy to recover. Fortunately, you can get started with our Queens car accident FAQ before speaking to a lawyer from Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP. We can give you the answers you need, starting with the ones below.

Common Questions for Car Wreck Victims in Queens

Who pays for my injuries in a Queens car accident?

New York is a no-fault state for car accidents. That means that fault doesn’t matter in a typical accident. Instead, you’ll simply need to contact your insurance company for your settlement.

Not every claim is so simple, though. If your injuries are serious enough, you’ll need to find the person who caused the crash. In many cases, the responsible party is the other driver. However, that’s not always the case. You may have been injured in a one-car wreck, for example. In these cases, you’ll need to contact your Queens attorney for guidance on your claim.

What is the serious injury threshold?

Although New York is a no-fault state, you also have a chance to file a claim against the responsible party if your injuries are above the serious injury threshold. This limit states that, if your injuries are worth more than $50,000 or you’ve suffered a major loss, you can sue instead.

These injuries are generally major, life-changing injuries. For example, if your accident caused the death of a family member or of a fetus, you may be entitled to a lawsuit. If you’re not sure that your injuries are classified as serious, you’ll need to contact a car accident lawyer for answers.

What if I may have been partially at fault?

Few cases are completely the fault of one party. Instead, many factors come together for a car accident. However, accepting the blame for your crash could hurt your future.

New York also recognizes comparative negligence. That means, if you’re partly responsible, your compensation could be reduced by how much you’re responsible for.

Let’s say you were texting while driving when the car wreck happened, and the judge finds you responsible for 15 percent of the accident. That leaves you with only 85 percent of the compensation you need to recover. You’ll need to act now and avoid accepting blame to recover.

Speak to Your Queens Car Accident Attorney

If you’re hurt in a serious car accident, it can be tough to get the answers you need. You’re hurt, you’re getting confusing and conflicting information from all sides, and you’re beginning to feel like this isn’t worth the trouble. Luckily, you don’t have to face the aftermath of your car accident alone.

At Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP, we’re determined to get you the answers and compensation you deserve.

Get started today by scheduling a free consultation. We’ll answer your vital questions and help you get started with an injury claim. Reach out for your consult by calling 1-800-VICTIM2 (842-8462) or by completing the online form below.

TESTIMONIALS

“Their communication with me was great and they were always quick to respond to emails and calls. I would highly recommend using Greenstein and Milbauer for motor vehicle accidents.”

- Brittany l. via google

"I put my trust in the law office of Greenstein & Milbauer and it paid off! I highly recommend using Greenstein and Milbauer for motor vehicle accidents.”

- Marlo K. via Google

"I couldn’t recommend them more highly!"

- Adam B. via Google

"They don't stop till they get it done, and they get it done!"

- Mitch L. via Google
View All
INJURED? CALL 1-800-VICTIM-2
INJURED? CALL 1-800-VICTIM-2

or fill out the form below for a

FREE CASE REVIEW
[]
1 Step 1
First Nameyour full name
Last Nameyour full name
Phone Numberyour full name
Tell Us About Your Casemore details
0 /

All fields required*

Previous
Next
powered by FormCraft