Don’t Be a Victim Twice!
Call 1-800-VICTIM2 (842-8462)
get in touch

What Are Non-Economic Damages?

When you’re hurt in a serious accident, you need compensation that covers all your damages. In some cases, that may mean getting the financial costs of your injuries covered. But your suffering may not be exclusively financial.

You may instead have some non-economic damages that should be included in your coverage. If you’re hurt in a serious accident, talk to your lawyer at Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP about the compensation you’re due and how to get the maximum value from your personal injury claim.

Pain and Suffering

When you’re hurt in an accident, whether that’s a car accident, a slip-and-fall accident, or even a medical malpractice claim, your damages aren’t just financial. You may have dealt with pain and suffering that impacts your quality of life. These kinds of damages, called non-economic damages, can make it difficult to return to the life you once enjoyed.

For example, you may have suffered an injury that left you with chronic pain. You’re now unable to do many of the things you once loved to do, such as sports or long walks. That can leave a tangible but hard-to-measure impact on your life.

These damages can be costly, even if they don’t have a financial impact. While seeking non-economic damages can’t return your health or fix the trauma you’ve suffered, you can get compensated for all your suffering, not just the financial suffering. Because of this, you may need to speak with your lawyer if you’ve endured any of the following, or similar issues:

How Are Non-Economic Damages Calculated?

When you’ve suffered a serious injury, you may know what compensation you’re entitled to in your lawsuit. You may have some idea of the hospital bills, car repairs, and lost wages you’re due for your injuries. But how do you calculate compensation for non-economic damages?

While these damages don’t have a set dollar amount, they can be calculated using a personal injury lawyer’s tools. Your lawyer can help you determine your non-economic damages and the compensation you’re due.

For example, let’s say you were injured in a motorcycle accident that left you with a facial scar. You may receive more compensation than someone who has scars that aren’t immediately visible. You may also be due more compensation if your injuries cause you pain and suffering that impacts the quality of your life.

Damage Caps

But you may have trouble getting your maximum compensation for your injuries and damages. For some claim types, your non-economic damages may be limited. For example, if you’ve filed a medical malpractice claim, the non-economic damages you can receive are limited to $500,000.

Because of this, you may need help getting the compensation you’re due for your suffering. Luckily, your lawyer has the tools to make the most of your claim. Reach out for help if you’ve suffered severe damages and need help getting fair compensation for the pain and suffering you endured.

Get the Max Settlement for Your Non-Economic Damages

When you’re hurt in a serious accident, it’s not all about your economic damages. You may also be facing serious non-economic damages, leaving you suffering from mental and emotional trauma.

But you don’t have to accept whatever settlement you’re offered. You have the opportunity to seek out the full compensation you’re due.

At Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP, we offer representation and tools to help you get your max settlement for your injuries and suffering. When you start with a free consultation, you have a chance to learn more about your non-economic damages before you begin. So reach out for help—your lawyer can help you start with a free consultation when you call 1-800-VICTIM2 (842-8462) or complete the following online contact form.

Start live chat with our team?