NYC Boat Accident Lawyer
Are you wondering how to get compensated for the injuries and losses suffered in a boating wreck? An NYC boat accident lawyer can help you recover every penny you’re owed by the negligent party.
Boating on the waters around New York City can be a great getaway from city life. Whether you are boating for sport, fun, or travel, there are dangers that can cause devastating accidents. The injuries that result can be serious and life threatening—possibly causing the loss of a loved one.
Boating accidents are commonly caused by the careless act of another party. No matter what caused your wreck, if you or a family member suffered injuries in a watercraft accident due to the negligent or reckless actions of another, you can file a personal injury claim seeking compensation.
Whether intoxication, operator error, inattentiveness, or mechanical failure were involved, Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP will work aggressively to recover all the compensation you deserve. An NYC boat accident lawyer from our firm can be your greatest ally throughout the legal process.
Causes of Boating Accidents
Identifying the cause of your accident is the first step in your personal injury claim. A lawyer from our firm will thoroughly investigate your boat accident to identify the cause and who was responsible.
There are many reasons why boating accidents occur, and all will need to be considered during the course of our investigation:
- Alcohol and Drugs – Alcohol and drug use impairs judgment and can lead to poor decisions, including reckless boat operation.
- Inexperienced Boat Operator – Boaters who are not experienced can easily make mistakes that lead to catastrophic accidents.
- Operator Inattention – Just like with car accidents, distracted boating is one of the main causes of mishaps on the water.
- Excessive Speed – Speeding can cause the boater to lose control of the watercraft, leading to serious injuries and death.
- Driver Error – Like traffic laws, there are laws governing boating that need to be followed to keep boaters safe. Inattention while operating a boat can have devastating consequences.
Boat Accident Claims Can Be Complicated
Seeking compensation for the injuries suffered in a boat wreck can be complicated. Your NYC boat accident lawyer will understand these laws and help you navigate the legal system. Our firm will aggressively fight for your right to the most compensation possible.
When negotiating the value of your claim with the insurance company, we will protect your rights to the fullest extent. Insurers will often downplay your injuries, place blame or partial blame on you, and not include many of your non-financial and future losses in their settlement offer.
We won’t let them take advantage of you and make you a victim a second time. Our job will be to expose and counter these tactics, putting you into the strongest possible position for both negotiations and trial. Getting you the full value of your claim is always our goal.
Helping You Secure Full Compensation
The value of your claim is determined by how your injuries impact your life. Your boat accident lawyer will examine all your economic and non-monetary losses to fully assess the value of your injury claim.
Some of the losses you might be able to include in your personal injury claim are as follows:
- All current and future medical expenses, including treatments, surgeries, and medication
- Lost wages and future earning potential
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress and disfigurement
- Lost enjoyment of life
- Wrongful death, possibly from drowning
Contact a New York City Boat Accident Lawyer
The effects of a boating accident can be every bit as dramatic as a traffic crash. Unfortunately, recovering compensation is rarely a simple process. The other side will do everything they can to avoid accepting liability for what happened, which puts you at risk of becoming a victim all over again.
Don’t be a victim twice.
Whether your injuries are temporary or permanent, an NYC boat accident lawyer from Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP can aggressively negotiate a full settlement for you or take your case to court for a verdict. To schedule a free consultation, call 1-800-VICTIM2 (842-8462) or simply complete the contact form below.