NYC Accident Claim Lawyer
Filing an injury claim after you’ve been hurt in an accident that wasn’t your fault is an essential part of receiving fair compensation. However, you’re likely going to need some help from an NYC accident claim attorney as you pursue what you’re owed.
Getting hurt in an accident shouldn’t cripple your budget because of high medical costs. You didn’t cause this, so the person responsible for your accident should be held accountable. But it’s important to act quickly in these situations so your lawyer can gather fresh evidence and meet important legal deadlines.
If you need support during the process of claiming compensation for your injuries, contact an NYC accident claim lawyer from Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP. We will work hard to win the compensation you deserve so you can recover as quickly and fully as possible.
Types of Accident Claims
Car accidents make up a large portion of accident claims because many people drive every day and sometimes become victims of reckless or careless drivers. However common they are, car crashes are not the only types of accidents that can leave you injured.
Some other accident types include the following:
- Truck Accidents – Commercial truck crashes lead to plenty of accident claims in NYC. That’s because truckers are just as susceptible to careless driving practices, such as texting while driving, as drivers of other vehicles.
- Motorcycle Accidents – Motorcycle riders are often injured by other motorists in NYC accidents. Although motorcyclists face some unique challenges as they pursue compensation, they do have a right to seek financial justice.
- Workplace Accidents – These accidents often occur on construction sites that have loud noises and lots of commotion. Workers compensation doesn’t always pay enough to cover your losses, so taking additional steps may be necessary. Keep in mind that your accident has to have occurred under specific circumstances for you to pursue compensation outside of workers comp.
- Premises Liability – This refers to people getting injured on someone else’s property due to the owner’s negligence. This may include when children can easily reach a backyard swimming pool or there is a problem with a slippery step that could and should have been fixed.
- Product Liability – Product liability covers accidents caused by defective or malfunctioning products. This can include design, manufacturing, and marketing defects.
Maximizing Your Compensation
Once we establish who is to blame, we can begin determining how much your case is worth. We will work closely with your doctors to determine how serious your injuries are and how much they may cost far into the future. We need to know everything about your experiences so we can establish intangible costs in addition to those that impact your wallet.
You may be able to seek compensation for the following economic damages after an NYC accident leaves you injured:
- Medical expenses, including long-term costs like equipment and medications
- Income loss due to your recovery time or to a diminished ability to perform the same amount or kind of work as before the accident
- Disability accommodations required for you to use your home, car, or workspace
You can also receive compensation for non-economic damages related to your injuries. These may include the following:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of companionship and consortium
- Property damage
Get a Complimentary Consultation
If you have been hurt due to someone else’s negligence or recklessness, you deserve to hold that person accountable for your damages. You shouldn’t have to worry about bills while you recover, and an attorney from Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP will help ensure that you can recover as comfortably as possible.
Fill out the information below or call 1-800-VICTIM2 (842-8462) today to schedule a free consultation with an NYC accident claim lawyer.