Don’t be a victim twice
Choose the right attorney!

  • $200,000,000
    in Recoveries
    Since 1995
  • Nearly 20,000
    Satisfied Clients
  • Cases Settled
  • Calls Returned
    Every Time

NEW YORK CITYCar Accident Lawyers


In Recoveries Since 1995

Nearly 20,000 Satisfied Clients


In Recoveries Since 1995

Cases Settled Quickly

Call Returned Every Time

Don’t be a victim twice
Choose the right attorney!

Who Do I Sue After a Car Accident?

Being involved in a car crash can be confusing and overwhelming. Victims often suffer significant damages and injuries after these collisions, making it crucial to file a claim seeking compensation. But if you are in this situation, you may be asking yourself who you’re supposed to sue after a car accident.

Our team at Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP understands how difficult these proceedings can be, especially if you’re new to this area of the law. To make the process of filing a claim simpler, we have compiled some information to help you pinpoint the liable party.

Determining the Liable Party

To determine who you should sue after a car accident, you first need to determine what it was that caused crash. In most cases, crashes brought about by driver error, such as speeding, texting and driving, running a red light, or failing to yield the right-of-way, mean that the liable party is the other driver. In these cases, you would sue the driver or his or her insurance company after your own no-fault policy limits have been reached.

If, on the other hand, your crash was determined to be brought about by a failing part on your vehicle, the liable party will be different. In these cases, your attorney will likely advise that you seek compensation from the manufacturer of the defective part. For example, if your crash occurred due to failing engine parts in your car, you would sue the manufacturer of the car.

Another party that may be held liable for any injuries or damages you suffered in your crash is a government agency. This is often the case when a crash occurs due to dangerous roads or inadequate signage in a dangerous area. These types of cases are particularly difficult to navigate, so it’s crucial to call a qualified attorney.

Talk to Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP Today

If you were involved in a motor vehicle collision and you’ve been asking yourself who you should sue to get the compensation you deserve, our team is here to help you. Get in touch with Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP today for the guidance you need to build a solid claim and recover the compensation you need.

Fill out the online contact form at the bottom of the page to request more information on what we can do for you, or call our office directly at 1-800-VICTIM2 (842-8462) to request a free consultation.


“Their communication with me was great and they were always quick to respond to emails and calls. I would highly recommend using Greenstein and Milbauer for motor vehicle accidents.”

- Brittany l. via google

"I put my trust in the law office of Greenstein & Milbauer and it paid off! I highly recommend using Greenstein and Milbauer for motor vehicle accidents.”

- Marlo K. via Google

"I couldn’t recommend them more highly!"

- Adam B. via Google

"They don't stop till they get it done, and they get it done!"

- Mitch L. via Google
View All

or fill out the form below for a

1 Step 1
First Nameyour full name
Last Nameyour full name
Phone Numberyour full name
Tell Us About Your Casemore details
0 /

All fields required*

powered by FormCraft