Don’t be a victim twice
Choose the right attorney!

  • $200,000,000
    in Recoveries
    Since 1995
  • Nearly 20,000
    Satisfied Clients
  • Cases Settled
  • Calls Returned
    Every Time

NEW YORK CITYCar Accident Lawyers


In Recoveries Since 1995

Nearly 20,000 Satisfied Clients


In Recoveries Since 1995

Cases Settled Quickly

Call Returned Every Time

Don’t be a victim twice
Choose the right attorney!

Can I Sue on Behalf of My Child After an NYC Car Accident?

When you send your child off in their first car, you hope they’re driving safely. But even if your child is careful, they may still be injured by a careless driver. That leaves them hurt and suffering for someone else’s actions.

Luckily, you have options with the lawyers at Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP on your side. Your NYC car accident lawyer is here to help you seek maximum compensation for your child when they’ve been injured due to someone else’s carelessness, leaving you free to focus on your child’s recovery.

Time Limits for Children After an NYC Car Accident

When your child is injured in a car accident, you may be worried about acting on time. Typically, New York law gives you three years to file a lawsuit for a car accident. However, your child cannot file a lawsuit on their own if they’re a minor. 

Luckily, your child has options after an NYC car accident. Your underage child’s time limits won’t start until they’re eighteen. That means they can wait until they’re old enough to file a lawsuit and get compensated.  

How You Can Act on Your Child’s Behalf

But the bills for their car accident injuries are affecting you now, as their parent. So what options do you have to remedy your child’s injuries and expenses now?

Parents or legal guardians may act now with the help of your trusted New York car accident lawyer. You have the right to act as their guardian ad litem, which means the judge has allowed you to pursue damages on their behalf. This helps your family get compensated now, not later. 

Talk to an NYC Car Accident Attorney on Your Child’s Behalf

When your child is hurt in a New York car accident, the result is frequently devastating for your family. However, you do have options to seek financial compensation during such a difficult time.

That’s where the experienced lawyers at Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP can step in. We offer free consultations for parents seeking assistance with their child’s lawsuit. Reach now by calling 1-800-VICTIM2 (842-8462) or fill out the online contact form below.


“Their communication with me was great and they were always quick to respond to emails and calls. I would highly recommend using Greenstein and Milbauer for motor vehicle accidents.”

- Brittany l. via google

"I put my trust in the law office of Greenstein & Milbauer and it paid off! I highly recommend using Greenstein and Milbauer for motor vehicle accidents.”

- Marlo K. via Google

"I couldn’t recommend them more highly!"

- Adam B. via Google

"They don't stop till they get it done, and they get it done!"

- Mitch L. via Google
View All

or fill out the form below for a

1 Step 1
First Nameyour full name
Last Nameyour full name
Phone Numberyour full name
Tell Us About Your Casemore details
0 /

All fields required*

powered by FormCraft