Mount Vernon Personal Injury Lawyer
Get the help you need by calling a Mount Vernon injury lawyer.
No one ever wants or expects to be injured, which helps explain why experiencing any degree of physical harm can lead to problems in other parts of your life.
While there is never a way to absolutely ensure you will make a full physical recovery, New York state law does allow injury victims to obtain compensation for their harm, helping to ensure the most optimal outcome possible.
To get a better idea of the legal options available to you, contact a Mount Vernon personal injury lawyer at Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP today.
Examples of Personal Injury Cases in Mount Vernon
Personal injury cases come in many flavors, including the following:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents – Car accidents are the bane of any driver’s existence, as they can cause not only great physical harm, but tremendous financial damage. Unfortunately, crashes have only increased in number in recent years, which underscores the importance of defensive driving techniques. Should you be hit, you will need to prove the other driver’s negligence in the moments leading up to your car, motorcycle, or semi-truck crash.
- Product Liability – Defective products do exist, and while this fact of life seems inescapable, that doesn’t excuse the harm that dangerous goods cause. Whether you were injured by a car with faulty brakes or a drug that causes undisclosed side effects, you may want to file a personal injury claim.
- Premises Liability – Getting injured on someone else’s property is often grounds for a Mount Vernon personal injury claim, even if you weren’t formally invited onto the premises. As long as you can prove that the property’s owner was negligent in maintaining his or her office or residence, you may be eligible for damages.
- Construction and Work Accidents – Whether you were hurt at work by the water cooler or a piece of machinery, you may want to consider filing a personal injury claim. As many accident victims will learn, workers compensation is often not enough.
- Medical Malpractice – If there’s any professional people would like to completely trust, it’s doctors. Unfortunately, no matter their credentials, doctors can make mistakes. Anything from a grave medical error to a doctor misrepresenting what school he or she attended may be grounds for a medical malpractice claim in Mount Vernon.
Laws That Apply to Mount Vernon Personal Injury Claims
New York has a number of laws that apply to personal injury claims in Mount Vernon and throughout the state. One legal concept to be familiar with is the standard of comparative negligence, which allows multiple parties to hold liability in any given case.
Comparative negligence can limit a plaintiff’s damages proportionally to his or her degree of fault (e.g., being found 30 percent liable would limit your compensation by 30 percent).
It is also important to keep in mind New York’s statute of limitations for personal injury cases, which is three years. Put simply, this means you will be given three years from the date of your accident to file a claim for personal injury compensation.
Call a Mount Vernon Personal Injury Attorney
A serious injury can strike at any moment, regardless of who you are or where you happen to be. To increase your chances of getting the compensation you deserve, contact a qualified and experienced lawyer at Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP today.
Give a Mount Vernon personal injury lawyer a call at 1-800-VICTIM2 (842-8462) or fill out the online contact form below to schedule a free, no-obligation case consultation.