Manhattan Uber Accident Lawyer
When you ask for the compensation you’re owed after an Uber accident injures you, you’re likely to face a team of lawyers who know how to reduce your payout. Don’t let them win; get the compensation you deserve with the help of a Manhattan Uber crash attorney.
Uber has become a popular mode of transportation in Manhattan in recent years, and its popularity only continues to grow. But what happens if you’re hurt in an Uber accident?
If the accident wasn’t your fault, you’re likely entitled to compensation for your damages. Getting compensation can help you avoid the financial stress of medical bills and lost time at work and maybe even make up for the pain and suffering you’ve endured.
Filing a legal claim for your hardships after an Uber accident is an important but potentially difficult task. To give your claim for compensation the best possible shot at success, team up with a Manhattan Uber accident lawyer at Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP.
When Is Uber Financially Liable in Manhattan?
Manhattan Uber drivers are not Uber employees, but they are contractors for the company. That can complicate matters after your accident.
Is the driver alone at fault or can Uber be held accountable, too? A lawyer from our firm will examine your accident in detail to determine which parties should be included in your claim.
Uber now has a $1 million insurance policy for drivers when they are transporting passengers for pay as Uber contractors. To protect Uber drivers and their passengers, coverage depends on the situation of the Uber driver at the time of the accident. The policy is divided into three parts:
- If the Uber driver is using the vehicle for personal purposes and not transporting passengers for pay, the driver is covered under his or her personal auto insurance policy.
- If the driver is working as a paid driver but does not have passengers in the car at the time of the accident, insurance coverage will be divided into two parts. The driver’s personal insurance coverage will cover most of the damages. Depending on the situation, Uber’s insurance policy may pay for partial damages only if a driver’s own personal insurance does not provide enough coverage.
- If the driver is transporting passengers for pay at the time of the accident, Uber’s $1 million liability policy will cover both the passengers and the driver. Uber will also provide an additional $1 million to cover damages if the driver is uninsured or underinsured.
Compensation for Manhattan Uber Accidents
Whether the driver was distracted or intoxicated or the crash occurred because of mechanical failure, we’ll take the right steps to get you full and fair compensation.
Common damages from Uber accident injuries include the following:
- Present and future medical costs
- Lost wages and reduced future income potential
- Pain and suffering
- Lost enjoyment of life
- Emotional distress
- Other out-of-pocket expenses related to your injury
Contact a Manhattan Uber Car Accident Lawyer
To ensure you get the compensation you’re entitled to, contact an experienced Manhattan Uber accident lawyer at Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP. We’ll fight for the maximum settlement on your behalf, and we’ll take your case to court if necessary. To get started, call 1-800-VICTIM2 (842-8462) or fill out the online contact form at the bottom of this page.