Manhattan Lyft Accident Lawyer
As ride-hailing apps become more popular, accidents related to those services are bound to become more common. If you’ve been injured in an accident involving a Lyft driver, contact a Manhattan accident lawyer for help getting the compensation you deserve.
When Lyft drivers cause car accidents, the already complicated process of pursuing compensation for resulting injuries becomes even more difficult because a large corporation is involved. But that doesn’t mean the victims of these accidents are any less deserving of compensation for the suffering they’ve endured.
The unfortunate truth is that carelessness results in a large portion of automobile accidents, and that applies to Lyft accidents. If you were a passenger, motorist, or pedestrian in a Manhattan Lyft accident, you have the legal right to seek compensation from those responsible for the crash.
Consider enlisting the services of Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP. A highly qualified Manhattan Lyft accident lawyer from our firm is ready to help with your case.
What Causes Manhattan Lyft Accidents?
Various factors can contribute to a Manhattan Lyft accident. Your accident may have been the result of one or more of the causes listed below:
- Distracted Driving – The driver could have been distracted by his or her surroundings, cell phone use, or another factor when the crash occurred.
- Human Error – The Lyft driver could have made a driving mistake, such as tailgating or running a red light.
- Drowsy Driving – The driver could have been overwhelmed by fatigue.
- Driving While Intoxicated – The driver could have been driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Dangerous Roads – Potholes, uneven road surfaces, or another road hazard might have contributed to your Manhattan Lyft accident.
- Vehicle Issues – The Lyft vehicle might have been affected by mechanical failure or defective parts.
When Is Lyft Financially Liable?
Lyft provides insurance for its drivers, but coverage depends on whether the driver was logged onto Lyft’s driver app at the time of the wreck. The following describes Lyft’s financial liability if an accident occurs:
- If driver mode is off, the driver has coverage with personal insurance.
- If driver mode is on but the driver has not accepted a ride yet, Lyft provides contingent liability if the driver’s personal insurance will not cover the damages.
- From the time the driver accepts a ride until the time the ride has ended in the app, Lyft’s primary liability insurance is the main source of coverage.
Compensation for Your Losses
Following a Manhattan Lyft accident, your Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP lawyer will analyze your case to calculate a fair amount of compensation you should ask for in your claim. Financial and non-monetary elements that may influence the value of your claim include the following:
- Healthcare costs related to your injury
- Present and future lost wages
- Medical equipment and supplies
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Decreased enjoyment of life
Contact a Manhattan Lyft Accident Attorney
We understand how tough it can be to deal with the aftermath of a Lyft accident. And getting the compensation you deserve can be even tougher because of all the complicated insurance rules surrounding ride-hailing companies.
At Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP, we’re not afraid to dive into your case and do what needs to be done to get you what you’re owed. To speak with a Manhattan Lyft accident lawyer today, call 1-800-VICTIM2 (842-8462) or fill out our online contact form at the bottom of the page.