Manhattan Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer
The penalties for driving while intoxicated (DWI) are severe, but that seems to do little to deter perpetrators and the accidents they cause. Sadly, many victims are left without the proper support to navigate the twists and turns of the legal system, insurance policies, and determining what their expenses and losses will eventually amount to.
If you’re a victim of a drunk driver, you deserve to be financially secure while you heal. To build a claim that wins you ample compensation, reach out to a Manhattan drunk driving accident lawyer from Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP.
Our team will examine your case closely, explain the process of pursuing what you need, and show you how we plan to get you the best results possible.
Common Drunk Driving Crash Injuries
Car accidents account for some of the most traumatic and life-altering injuries in the country, and many of those accidents in Manhattan are the result of drunk driving. You may have a variety of injuries, and the worst will usually involve your head, neck, and back, but everything is at risk in a high-speed collision:
- Head injuries can cause traumatic brain injuries and disfigurement and may require reconstructive or corrective surgeries.
- Neck and back injuries are often the scariest because of the damage they can inflict on the spinal cord, causing paralysis, motor control issues, permanent nerve pain, and reduced mobility.
- Internal damage, such as damage to organs, can require organ transplants or a lifetime of treatment, and internal bleeding can cause the loss of a limb or brain damage.
- Severely broken bones can be so bad that amputation is necessary or your ability to move is permanently changed.
- Serious burns can be some of the most painful injuries and often require several skin graft procedures.
Determining the Value of Your Drunk Driving Claim
It may seem harsh to describe something as terrible as a DWI car accident in terms of value, but that is how we must begin to think about it when you need compensation to regain control of your life.
We’ll be dealing with your insurance company, the at-fault parties’ insurance companies, and all of their lawyers—none of which are on our side—while we navigate a maze of medical expenses and income losses.
We’ll fight for every penny you’ve spent or failed to earn because of your injuries, even accounting for losses you may encounter in the future. We’ll work closely with experts to determine how costly and long-lasting your injuries and recuperation may be.
Your Manhattan DWI accident lawyer may advise you to list the following damages in your claim for compensation:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Immediate and projected income loss
- Disability accommodations to your home, vehicles, and workspace
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Property damage
- Wrongful death
Partner with a Manhattan Drink Driving Crash Lawyer
No matter how severe your injuries or how long you’re out of work afterward, an experienced attorney with Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP can help you as you seek compensation. We will handle your case like you’re family and make sure you get the support you need to continue living your life as close to normal as possible.
Call us today at 1-800-VICTIM2 (842-8462) or fill out the information requested at the bottom of the page to schedule a free consultation with a Manhattan drunk driving accident lawyer.