Manhattan Distracted Driving Accident Lawyer
People today lead busy lives. We’re accustomed to doing many things at once in order to meet all of our obligations. However, when people multitask behind the wheel of a vehicle, there can be serious consequences.
A distracted driver is any driver whose attention is not on the road. One common distracted driving behavior is texting while driving. In 2015 alone, nearly 3,500 people died in accidents caused by distracted drivers.
If you’ve been involved in an accident with a distracted driver, a Manhattan distracted driving accident lawyer with Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP can be an invaluable ally who will help you get the compensation you’re entitled to.
Examples of Distracted Driving
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention breaks down distracted driving behaviors into three categories:
- Visual – A driver takes his or her eyes off the road.
- Manual – A driver takes his or her hands off the wheel.
- Cognitive – A driver is not focused on the road.
Any behavior that causes a visual, manual, or cognitive distraction is a distracted driving behavior, whether it’s eating, changing the radio station, texting, manipulating a GPS system, arguing with other passengers, or letting yourself daydream.
Looking at the Evidence
If you believe that another driver’s distraction was the cause of your Manhattan car accident, there are many ways to bolster your case through evidence:
- Security Camera Footage – This may provide visual proof of a driver texting, talking on the phone, or otherwise driving distracted.
- Eyewitness Statements – Other drivers might have seen the driver who caused the wreck not looking at the road before impact.
- Police Reports – A police officer will likely have come to the scene after an accident. Sometimes, the negligent driver may admit that he or she was texting preceding the accident, or the police officer may have directly observed the driver being negligent.
- Cell Phone Records – These can be valuable in clarifying the timeline of an accident.
- Photographs – Photographs from inside the vehicle can help support a claim that the driver was distracted. Items that could build evidence for distraction include open makeup items, partially eaten food, an open tablet or cell phone, and more.
The Value of Your Claim
A car accident can impact your life in many ways. You may be forced to pay a high car insurance deductible and then be slammed with expensive medical bills. You could have a serious injury that will affect your life for months or years to come. The trauma caused by an accident can even make it difficult to get behind the wheel again.
A Manhattan distracted driving crash lawyer will fight to get you compensation that accounts for all hardships you may be facing, including the following:
- Medical expenses, including future bills
- Lost wages and inability to return to work
- Repair or replacement of your car
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Diminished quality of life
- Scarring or disfigurement
Call a Manhattan Distracted Driving Car Accident Lawyer
There is hope after an accident. Contact a Manhattan distracted driving accident lawyer with Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP today. Call 1-800-VICTIM2 (842-8462) or use the online contact form below to arrange your free consultation.