Don’t be a victim twice
Choose the right attorney!

  • $200,000,000
    in Recoveries
    Since 1995
  • Nearly 20,000
    Satisfied Clients
  • Cases Settled
  • Calls Returned
    Every Time

NEW YORK CITYCar Accident Lawyers


In Recoveries Since 1995

Nearly 20,000 Satisfied Clients


In Recoveries Since 1995

Cases Settled Quickly

Call Returned Every Time

Don’t be a victim twice
Choose the right attorney!

Manhattan Car Accident FAQ

A car accident can leave you and your family stressed, financially worried and with a lot of questions. You’re struggling to overcome your losses, and the responsible party isn’t interested in covering your expenses. What can you do? 

Fortunately, that’s where a lawyer from Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP can help. A Manhattan car accident FAQ such as the one below can get you started, but an attorney can make a difference, too. Every car wreck is unique, so don’t hesitate to call for more specific guidance. 

I think I was partly at fault. Can I still sue? 

Although you’ll still be able to file your claim, admitting fault can hurt your claim. New York has comparative fault laws, which means that your claim could be reduced by the amount of fault you’re found guilty for. For example, if you’re accused of being 25 percent at fault, you’ll only receive 75 percent of your claim if you don’t fight back. 

Can I sue on behalf of my child?

When your child is injured or even killed in a car accident, it can be devastating for your family. Your child is suffering, but your child is also a minor, which limits their options for action. 

Fortunately, you’ll have some opportunities to get compensation for your child’s injuries. As a parent, you’re the one paying for your child’s recovery, such as car repairs and hospital bills. Because of this, you may be able to file for their losses. 

Your child may also be eligible for a lawsuit, either with the help of a legal guardian, or by waiting until they’re eighteen. The statute of limitations won’t start running until they’re an adult.

How long do I have to file my claim? 

When you’re hurt in a car accident, you’ll need to act quickly to receive your compensation. In New York, you’ll have three years to file a car accident claim and seek out your compensation. However, it’s still best to act now. If you don’t file in time, your claim could be thrown out. That leaves you without the funds you need for a full recovery. 

Get Answers from Your Manhattan Car Accident Attorney

When you’re recovering from a car accident, you might find yourself asking a lot of questions and getting very few answers. That makes it tougher for you and your family to recover from the suffering you’ve experienced because of an auto crash. 

That’s where a lawyer from Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP can step in. We understand that you’re dealing with a difficult situation and that you may need help for a full recovery. Fortunately, we offer free consultations, so you know what to expect before you sign with us.

Considering filing a claim but need answers first? Go beyond our Manhattan car accident FAQ and reach out to a lawyer for help. Call 1-800-VICTIM2 (842-8462) or complete the following online form to get the help you need after a crash.


“Their communication with me was great and they were always quick to respond to emails and calls. I would highly recommend using Greenstein and Milbauer for motor vehicle accidents.”

- Brittany l. via google

"I put my trust in the law office of Greenstein & Milbauer and it paid off! I highly recommend using Greenstein and Milbauer for motor vehicle accidents.”

- Marlo K. via Google

"I couldn’t recommend them more highly!"

- Adam B. via Google

"They don't stop till they get it done, and they get it done!"

- Mitch L. via Google
View All

or fill out the form below for a

1 Step 1
First Nameyour full name
Last Nameyour full name
Phone Numberyour full name
Tell Us About Your Casemore details
0 /

All fields required*

powered by FormCraft