Don’t Be a Victim Twice!
Call 1-800-VICTIM2 (842-8462)
get in touch

How to Get a Car Accident Report in the Bronx

When you’re hurt in a car accident, gathering evidence and taking the right steps for your car accident claim isn’t easy. You may not know what happens next, and all you can focus on is your pain and suffering. 

When you’re hurt in a car accident, you may need help taking the right steps, but you may not know things like how to get a car accident report in the Bronx. Luckily, you don’t have to get that report and other proof of your injuries alone. Seek out help from a lawyer from Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP for the guidance you need.

Filing a Car Accident Report in the Bronx

If you’ve been injured in a car accident, or if the damages to your car were worth more than $1,000, you may be required to file a Bronx car accident report. The good news is, this process may be simpler than you think. 

First, if the accident involves any injuries, you’ll need to contact the police to help with the car accident. If you’re required to file a car accident report, all you have to do is fill out the form and submit it within ten days. 

This report should include your information, the other driver’s information, and what happened. That includes the damage to the car and the accident location. If you’re struggling to recall or write out this information, your Bronx car accident lawyer can help by asking fact-finding questions. 

Penalties for Failing to Report an Accident

You may think you don’t need a car accident report. You may even be concerned that it will hurt your claim more than it helps it. But, failing to file a car accident report when required to harm your chances for compensation. 

Failing to report a car accident, especially if someone was injured or killed in the accident, is a crime. If you don’t act now, you could face charges for your actions. 

If you or the police filed a car accident report in the Bronx and it states you were partly or completely at fault, your car accident lawyer can still help. They can use the information in that report for your claim, whether that’s evidence that you weren’t at fault or information that could help your defense. 

Use Your Bronx Car Accident Report in the Courtroom

When you’re hurt in a car accident, you may be worried about getting all the evidence you need for the courtroom. Your lawyer, luckily, can get this evidence. Getting your car accident report is as easy as giving the courthouse your information, paying a fee, and getting your report. You can do this by mail or through their website

Once you’ve done this, talk to your lawyer at Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP for guidance on your claim. Your lawyer can help you get the report you need and get started on your claim. When you’re ready to file a lawsuit, call 1-800-VICTIM2 (842-8462) or fill out the online contact form below to get started. 

Start live chat with our team?